Sunday, November 22, 2015

Best Ever Banana Bread in the World.

Best BANANA and whatever else in the fruit or vege department you would like to add BREAD in the WORLD!

Banana and raspberry bread

It must be smoko (morning tea time), because hubby has come prowling! I have married somone whose mother spoilt the family with home baking. Lucky for him, so was I!

This is one of my 'go to' recipes, which when baked can be sliced up and then frozen for future 'smoko's'. (mind you, its lucky to last two days in this household!)

You can mix and match up what you add to the squished banana's. Anything you like really. I have a soft spot for blueberries. (the fresh variety tend to be on special regularly at the local store, so I buy a few punnets at a time and freeze them)
This recipe will have 1/2 cup raspberries added. These can be replaced with chopped apple (nice chunky bits), blueberries, dried mixed fruit, nuts, tinned or fresh stone fruit.

Ingredients
  • 150g butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 ripe banana's squashed
  • 2 cups S/R flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (frozen is better as they wont fall apart when adding to the batter)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla 

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 170C/330F fan forced oven. 180C/350F normal bake
  2.  Grease 7 x 11 loaf tin. Line with baking paper and allow to overlap the edges a little on both sides. (you will use these to lift the cake out)
  3. Using an electric beater, cream butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add vanilla then eggs, beating well after each.
  4. Add banana and fruit to batter then sift flour, cinnamon and baking powder over.
  5. Add milk then gently stir with large spoon until combined.
  6. Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake for approx 40 - 45 min until golden on top and when tested with a skewer it comes out clean. 
  7. Cool bread in tin for 20 min or until temptation forces you to gently remove it using the overhanging baking paper and start munching!
ENJOY!






The Enchanting Rose

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Marci, and if you add 1/2 cup of white chocolate bits you end up with a real dessert cake. It gets a bit crumbly, so best eaten with a spoon. :-) You could of course add whipped cream to serve. ( naughty but very nice! )

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this sounds and looks absolutely delightful! I love the addition of raspberries and must confess that I have never thought of adding another fruit to banana bread :)

    Thank you so much for sharing this tasty recipe with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again tomorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie. Yes there is no going back after you've added more fruit! :-) Thank you for dropping by. x Julie

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to let you know that this will be featured at tomorrow's party. Thanks again for sharing. Blessings and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe looks so delicious. My mouth is watering at the sight of your delectable banana/raspberry bread. I can't wait to try this.....thank you so much Julie, for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I Hope you like it as much as my family does!

      Delete
  5. Good morning Julie,

    Yum! This does look delicious! My sister sent me a box of Wisconsin cranberries for Thanksgiving.do you think these would work in place of the raspberries (I do say - raspberries sound delicious!)?

    I grew up with home baking, too, But my husband grew up with store bought pies and pancake, cake, and other mixes. Sad to say, he seems to prefer them over home baked goodies. However, my children prefer my home baked food, So, I have won most of the battle. I love baking.

    Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
    :) Hopr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hope
      Cranberries are a fruit I have never seen or tasted fresh. We only get them dried here, so I don't know how they would taste in with the bananas? You'll have to give them a go and let me know!
      Merry Christmas to you too
      Julie

      Delete

I love your comments!